In a football game, when faced in a one-on-one situation with an opponent, it is important that every footballer, no matter the position of play, should know how to dribble their way through. Yet no opponent will give you the time in the world to rummage your repoirtre looking for the best football skill at that time before a tackle comes flying, so a split decision is necessary, so as to ensure that the entire team can continue a quick forward foray.
In this case, we have cited 20 of the best football skills that can be easily learnt by anyone to get past even the toughest of oppositions. If you want to become a better all-round footballer, follow this article.
20 Best Football Skills to Dribble Any Opponent
NB: Right foot in this article is the dominant foot, while the left is the weaker.
Football Skill 1: Change the direction of the ball using the outside of the instep
One of the simplest, yet extraordinary direction-changing technique. This football skill is indeed a very effective way to break through.
- First, the ball is approached to the opponent to a certain proximity, and then suddenly use the outside of the foot to move the ball to the side to complete the dribble.
Football Skill 2: Change the direction of the spike on the inside of the foot
- This looks very similar to the previous football skill, but requires a different technique. The major difference is that this uses the inside of the foot while the other uses the outside of the foot.
Football Skill 3: Step Over and Change Direction
- When dribbling close to the opponent, first use one foot to make a step from inside to the outside to beffudle the opponent.
- Then use the other foot to dial the ball very naturally with the outside of the foot to complete the change.
Football Skill 4: Full Step Over and change direction
- When the ball is close to the opponent, use both feet to continuously complete multiple step overs from the inside to the outside to form a cycling motion.
- When the opponent feels hesitant or there is a gap, use one foot to dial the ball naturally with the outside of the foot to complete the change.
Football Skill 5: Stride the center of gravity and change the direction of the ball
- After approaching the opponent with the ball to within a proper distance, take a sudden big step with your left foot to the front left side with an accompanying shoulder-drop effect.
- The size of the drop and whether you can quickly correct it to the other side is the key to the success of this breakthrough.
- When doing this drop action, make your opponent think that you are about to complete a breakthrough from this side, and then suddenly change direction when the action is half done.
- After causing the opponent to misjudge your move, quickly change the center of gravity and use the outside of the right foot to dial the ball to complete the change of direction breakthrough.
Football Skill 6: Pull the ball and step over
- When approaching the opponent, turn your body sideways and use the back foot to pull the ball to your side.
- Then use the front foot to make a step from the outside to the inside to make the opponent think that your are about to change direction.
- Then complete the turn and accelerate the ball in the opposite direction to complete the breakthrough.
Football Skill 7: Drag and chop to change direction
- After dribbling the ball to a reasonable distance, keep your right foot at the same angle and height behind the ball, and always keep contact with the ball with the inside of your foot. Now use the left foot to jump to the left side to complete the forward movement.
- When the opponent thinks you want to complete the breakthrough on the left side, make a sudden chop with the right foot to complete the breakthrough from the right side.
Football Skill 8: The Iniesta Tap
This excellent skill used by Iniesta should be familiar to everyone.
- After getting within a close proximity to your opponent, use the inside of your left foot to tap the ball to your right.
- Then make a lateral escape by driving forward.
Football Skill 9: Pull the ball horizontally to change direction
- When dribbling the ball to within a reasonable distance, use the sole of the left foot to pull the ball to the inside of the right foot laterally.
- Then change to the inside of the right foot to move the ball forward and accelerate to complete the breakthrough.
Football Skill 10: Marseille Roundabout
- When dribbling the ball to a reasonable distance, step on the ball with one foot and turn around to complete a 180° turn.
- Use the sole of the other foot to pull the ball back.
- Finally, drive the ball forward and accelerate to complete the breakthrough.
Football Skill 11: Advanced Shoulder Drop
- Before dribbling the ball to within close proximity of your opponent, first use the left foot to make a forward step, tricking the opponent to make a judgment first.
- Then double tap the ball on the inner side of the left and right foot to complete the direction change of the move.
- This move is essentially a combination of Football Skill 5 and 8.
Football Skill 12: Pull the ball then step and change the direction of the ball
- First use the sole of your right foot to pull the ball toward the front left of your body.
- Then use your left foot to make a step over from the inside out.
- Follow this with another stepping movement with inward and outward directions.
- Finally, use the outside dial to speed up the breakthrough.
Football Skill 13: V-shaped Dribble
- After dribbling the ball to within the vicinity of the opponent, step on the ball with the sole of the right foot.
- Then first pull the ball back, and then use the inside of your foot to move the ball forward and to the right.
- Finally accelerate the dribble to complete the escape.
Football Skill 14: The double pull
- First, pull the ball behind with your right foot.
- Then push the ball forward with the sole of your foot in the direction of your opponent, while you open up your body.
- When your opponent attempts to tackle, pull the ball back with your other foot, then accelerate to complete the escape.
Football Skill 15: The Ronaldo Chop
- After dribbling the ball into the vicinity of your opponent, jump forward in the direction in which the ball is rolling.
- Then midair, hit the ball with the inner side of the back foot to change the direction of the ball, thus forming a breakthrough.
Football Skill 16: Pull the ball, knock the ball and change the direction of the spike
- After dribbling the ball into the vicinity of your opponent, first step on the ball with your right foot and pull it towards you.
- At this time, withdraw the supporting foot [left foot] so as to jump up and use the inside of the foot to move the ball forward again.
- While landing on both feet, use the inside of your right foot to buckle the ball to the left side of your body.
- Finally, accelerate to complete the breakthrough.
Tip 17: The Snake
- After dribbling the ball into the vicinity of the opponent, first use the outside of the foot to move the ball to that side, and suddenly use the inside of the foot to complete the move.
Football Skill 18
- After driving the ball to a reasonable distance from the opponent.
- First move the supporting foot forward to a certain distance, leaving enough space for the ball to pass through the back of the leg.
- Then use the inside of the other foot to push the ball behind the supporting foot.
- After the ball rolls behind your supporting foot, control the ball in a way that it moves onto the tip of your boots, now flick.
- Finally, accelerate the completion of the breakthrough.
Football Skill 19: The rainbow
The rainbow is one of the most extraordinary and flamboyant move in football that can offset multiple opononets at a go.
In real life football, this football skill was popularised at the 2002 World Cup when Turkey’s golden boy, Ilhan used this trick to destroy Roberto Carlos, the world’s strongest left-back at the time
- After dribbling the ball to a reasonable distance from the opponent, place one foot before the line where the ball is rolling, and block the ball with the heel.
- Then use the inner side of the other foot to clamp the ball onto the heel and pull up.
- Release the ball after generating enough power and let the ball pass over the opposing defender in a large parabola.
Football Skill 20: Overhead Flick
- Pull the ball back with the soles of your feet while leaning against your opponent.
- Pick up the ball with the toe of the other foot.
- You can try to pick up the ball in any way you like or are familiar with.
- Finally, use the outside of the outside foot to flick the ball high and over your opponent .
It is pertinent to maintain a proper speed when dribbling and do not forgot to accelerate after completing the dribble.
Also try not to dribble same opponent two or three times on the spot. While this might be showboating and demoralising to your opponent, it will only sap your physical strength.
At the same time, it is best to practice with both left and right feet at the same time during the training, just like the instructor demonstrated in the clips.
Top 10 Highest Paid NBA Players in 2021 | Basketball’s Top Earners
With basketball being synonymous to a religion in America, it is inevitable that the fanatic appeal that this sport generates is matched by an equally humongous payroll to its stars. In this article we have compiled the 10 highest NBA stars in 2021.
The sums that will be given in this article are annual estimates of wages expressed in gross and were accounted by Forbes. These sums take into account income related to franchises and sponsors but do not take into account any contractual bonuses from players.
Want to be a basketball star, learn how to perfectly score a 3-pointer here.
Highest Paid NBA Players in 2021
10. Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers) = $39 million
While he is not among the best paid for his basketball income, his income from sponsors allows Damian Lillard to be among the highest paid basketball players on the planet. The majority of his sponsorship-related income comes from the Gatorade brand and his new drink Bolt24 of which he is the muse.
9. Chris Paul (Oklahoma City Thunder) = $40.1 million
While he has the 3rd biggest salary in the NBA, Chris Paul is not as bankable as other NBA players. Indeed, his 7 million advertising revenue is far from Kyrie Irving’s 17 million and Klay Thompson’s 15 million. That doesn’t stop him from being one of the highest paid players in the NBA.
8. Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn Nets) = $ 43 million
Despite the fact that he is not among the top 10 best paid players for his basketball income, like Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving is still an icon of global basketball. His 17 million advertising revenue, obtained mainly from Nike and Pepsi, tell its own truth.
7. Klay Thompson (Golden State Warriors) = $ 43.3 million
Injured to the Achilles tendon and absent from the basketball courts since the 2019 playoffs, Klay Thompson continues to sell without even punting a ball. Indeed, with 15 million in advertising revenue, he is one of the highest paid players in the NBA. His XXL contract with the Warriors is the major factor behind his 7th place on this ranking.
6. Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks) = $ 49 million
Double MVP at only 26 years old, Giannis Antetokounmpo is already a world icon of this sport. Coming from a very disadvantaged background in Greece, his success and his career did not fail to interest the largest film industries. This is how Disney acquired the rights to make a film about the life of the world-renowned basketball player. Its sponsorship revenues therefore reach the sum of $ 22 million. A quite impressive figure, especially for a non-American.
5. James Harden (Brooklyn Nets) = $ 50 million
James Harden , who recently joined the Brooklyn Nets, is one of the league’s most expensive players. Indeed, he has a staggering salary commensurate with his talent. His 17 million advertising revenue makes him the 5th highest paid player in the NBA in 2021.
4. Russell Westbrook (Washington Wizards) = $ 58.1 million
Criticized but also adored, Russell Westbrook is a product and a name that is renowned being marketable, and for good reason. His contract with Nike pays him almost as much as his basketball income. In fact, he makes about 33 million in salary with the Wizards and 25 million in advertising revenue. He is therefore 4th in this ranking.
3. Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets) = $ 65.2 million
Considered by some to be the best player of the 2010s, Kevin Durant is also an icon of world basketball. Beyond his Nike-affiliated income, it is his investments in a start-up that allows him to have 34 million income related to sponsorship in 2021. Hats off!
2. Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) = $ 74.4 million
While he already has a huge contract with the Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry is one of the NBA’s top earner because he is a most successful businessman. Indeed, with his collaboration with Audible (Amazon) and Unanimous Media, his production company, Stephen Curry already has his post-basketball reconversion. In addition, his contract with Under Armor is another laudable mouth-watering investment. All of his contracts and investments will allow him to earn $ 40 million in non-basketball income in 2021.
1. LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers) = $ 95.4 million
Here is one of the richest sportsmen on the planet. LeBron James is paid at the height of his importance and legacy to basketball which has immortalised him as a model and icon. All of his qualities make him one of the most bankable products on the planet. The superstar’s release of a new Space Jam follows that made with Michael Jordan in 1996.
LeBron James is in a way Jordan’s heir for world basketball alongside the illustrious late Kobe Bryant. In any case, LeBron James is selling and his $ 64 million in income besides basketball is proof of that.
Betgaranteed Sure Bets of the Day
Betgaranteed Sure Bets of the day. Here are our top predictions.
Betgaranteed Sure Prediction For Today, we have 5 accurate football predictions guaranteed to put money in your pocket on a daily basis.
|11:00||IND||Istiqlol Dushanbe – Khujand||Over 1.5|
|13:00||EST||Vaprus Parnu – Tulevik Viljandi||Over 1.5|
|17:00||INT||FYR Macedonia – Netherlands||Over 1.5|
|18:00||NOR||Hodd 2 – Fram Larvik||Over 1.5|
|18:00||NOR||Oygarden – Rosenborg B||Over 1.5|
Want to learn how to predict yourself? Here are the best prediction sites in the world.
Football Rules and Regulations You Need to Know in 2021
Whether it’s a World Cup final, the Premier League or an amateur match, the laws of the game of football are the same at all levels with the primary goal being to maintain fairness in the most popular sport practice in the world.
From offside to the equipment of the players, what are the rules of football?
The first rules and laws of football date back to 1863
- It was in 1863 that the first official rules of football were created.
- A few years later, in 1886, the International Football Association Board (IFAB) was created. It is made up of the four countries of the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- The objective of this association is to ensure compliance with the laws of the game.
- In 1913, FIFA, the International Federation of Association Football, joined the IFAB.
Safety of participants, integrity of the game, respect, these are the watchwords of the rules of the game.
Revision of the gaming laws by FIFA
In 2016, FIFA carried out a review of the Laws of the Game which resulted in a new official Laws of the Game 2018/2019 document one that governs the practice of football today.
National federations around the world are subject to these rules which have no other purpose than to preserve the spirit of the game.
What are the official dimensions of a football field?
Regarding the dimensions of the field, law 01 of football provides for a length of the touchline between 90m and 120m.
The goal line must be a minimum of 64m and a maximum of 75m. When it comes to international matches, these dimensions increase to between 100m-110m and 64m-75m respectively.
The land must be rectangular. It is divided into two halves marked by a center line. In the middle of this line is a circle with a radius of 9.15 m.
The dimensions of the football goal
Regarding football goals , the distance between the two posts is 7.32 m, while its height stands at 2.44 m.
Regulation of soccer balls
Law 02 of football asserts that the football must be spherical; with a circumference between 68 and 70 cm and a weight between 410 and 450 g at the start of the match.
Balls used in official competition matches must bear one of the following labels: FIFA Quality Pro, FIFA Quality, IMS International Match Standard.
This proves that they have been duly tested.
Rules relating to football teams
Law 03 of football refers to the players and the teams.
- Each team must consist of a maximum of eleven players.
- No match can continue if one of the teams has less than seven players.
- If changes of players are planned, the name of the substitutes must be communicated to the referee before the start of the match.
Law 04 on players’ equipment authorises that no participant should wear anything dangerous, such as jewelry.
Mandatory equipment during a football match
Mandatory equipment includes: jersey with sleeves, shorts, socks, shin guards, shoes.
As for the referees, they must have a whistle, a watch of yellow and red cards and a notebook.
Video arbitration assistance is now authorized. For matches where it is implemented (official matches), a viewing room is compulsory.
It houses the video assistant referee as well as the technicians.
Player offside, offside ball: what does the football law say?
Law 09 provides that the ball is out of play in the following two cases:
- when it has completely crossed the goal line or touchline
- when play has been stopped by the referee.
In all other situations, the ball is in play.
As for the player’s offside position, it is declared when any part of the player’s body is closer to the opponent’s goal line than the ball and the penultimate opponent.
The referee then awards an indirect free kick to the opposing team at the place where the infringement was committed. This is only valid inside the opposition’s half.
Faults and improprieties in football
Direct, indirect free kicks and penalty kicks are awarded by the referee following infringements committed during the game. The direct free kick concerns the following situations:
- Charge on the opponent
- Jump on the opponent
- Kick on an opponent, or even an attempt
- Pushing an opponent
- Hitting or trying to hit an opponent
- Tackle an opposing player
- Tripping an opponent, or just trying
As for the indirect free kick, it is signaled for the following faults:
- Playing in a dangerous way
- Obstructing the opponent without contact
- Preventing the opposing goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
The faults punishable by a warning, yellow card or red card, relate to the following infractions:
- Delaying the resumption of play
- Showing blatant disapproval
- Deliberately leaving the pitch without the referee’s permission
- Not respecting the legal distance when taking a corner, a free kick or a throw-in
- Adopt unsportsmanlike behavior
Law on Penalty
A penalty kick is awarded in the following cases:
- If the player commits a fault punishable by a direct free kick in his own penalty area
- If the player commits an offense punishable by a direct free kick outside the field and within the framework of the game
When taking the penalty shoot-out, all players other than the shooter and the goalkeeper must be at least 9.15m from the penalty spot and outside the penalty area.
The Football Goal
Finally, since playing football means scoring goals, Law 10 of football provides that a goal is scored when the ball has completely crossed the goal line between the posts and under the crossbar.
The winning team is the one that has scored the most goals. Otherwise, the match is declared a draw
- TODAY’S KEY STATS FOR TODAY 26/07/2021
- Top 10 Highest Paid NBA Players in 2021 | Basketball’s Top Earners
- Betgaranteed Sure Bets of the Day
- Football Rules and Regulations You Need to Know in 2021
- Betgaranteed Sure Bets of the Day
- How to Become an NFL Football Scout and How Much do They Earn?
- Betgaranteed Sure Bets of the Day
- Football Agents: What they do, Salary and How to Become a Football Agent
- Betgaranteed Sure Bets of the Day
- Top 20 Football Skills to Learn 2021 (with GIFs)
Articles4 months ago
Best Premier League Defenders| Best Defenders In EPL 2021
Articles4 months ago
Best Goalkeepers in the World 2021 – The Ultimate List
Articles4 months ago
Top Similar Alternatives To Erling Haaland Your Club Should Sign This Transfer Window
Articles3 months ago
Richest Football Clubs in the World 2021
football predictions today2 months ago
Bayern Munich vs Augsburg prediction
Articles4 months ago
Richest Footballers in The World 2021
football predictions today4 months ago
Football Predictions Today | Best Football Tips for Today
football predictions today4 months ago
Best Prediction Sites In the World 2021 – The Ultimate List